What Personal Information Do We Collect From the People Visiting the Site?
We may obtain certain personal information when you choose to provide them through our Site. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name, location, email address, social media profiles
- Username and password
- Personal information in content you provide on our Site
- Department and institutional affiliations
In addition, when you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies.
The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits.
A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. On this Site, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you close your browser, they are deleted. Persistent cookies, in contrast, last beyond each visit to the Site and remain on your hard drive after you close your browser. The cookies used on the Site include those that are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies) and remember your choices (functionality cookies).
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your computer when you visit the Site
- to track you as you navigate the Site
- to improve the Site’s usability
- to analyze use of the Site
- to manage the Site
- to personalize the Site
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we obtain through the Site to:
- Create and manage your account;
- Offer and provide products, services and information to you, including newsletters;
- Permit you to participate in blogs, forums, and discussion groups;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions
- Display content on our Site, such as stories, product reviews and photos;
- Respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research and trend analysis)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies and other automated means for purposes such as
- recognizing your computer when you visit the Site,
- tracking you as you navigate the Site
- improving the Site’s usability,
- analyzing use of the Site,
- managing the Site, and
- personalizing the Site, including targeted content that may be of particular interest to you.
We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Site, identify users of our Site, and gather demographic information about our users.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We use third-party web analytics services on our Site, from Google Analytics. This service provider help us analyze how users use our Site. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by this service providers. This service providers may retain and use anonymised, aggregated data collected from users of our Site in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services. To learn more about opting out of data collection through Google Analytics, click the link below:
Our sites should respect “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Information We Share
We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, when you make a purchase we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction. In addition, we may retain third party service providers to manage our customer databases or distribute e-mail offerings.
Our Site may feature blogs, forums and discussion groups. Please be aware that some or all of the information you provide (including personal information) in connection with these activities may be made publicly available.
We also may disclose information about you
- if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena)
- in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Links To Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These may include, for example, some of the blogs and forums you may access through this Site. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Atmire, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Site, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We do not yet use Malware Scanning, vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We give you the option of requesting that we not use your information for marketing purposes. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and e-mail address, if you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes.
Please be aware that we are able to process an opt-out request only for a specific e-mail address. So, if you have more than one e-mail address or if you have changed your e-mail address, your opt-out request may not be processed properly. If you believe you have opted out, but continue to receive e-mails from us, please contact us by one of the means listed under “How to Contact Us” below, and we will endeavour to resolve the issue.
Access & Correction
Subject to applicable law, you may
- have the right to access certain personal information we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information,
- update or correct inaccuracies in that information,
- object to our use of your personal information, and
- delete your personal information from our database.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. If you are resident in the EU, a charge may be applicable before we provide a copy to you of any of your personal information that we maintain.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Online Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. Where your personal information is collected in the EEA and we then transfer it outside the EEA, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is in place to protect your personal information.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Third-Party Behavioral Tracking
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by emailing us with the request to unsubscribe or use links at the bottom of the emails for this purpose when available.
How To Contact Us
Gaston Geenslaan 14
Last Edited on 2018-05-31