Open Source Technical Lead Leuven
Why Join the Atmire Team?
Help us accelerate scientific progress. This is the mission of Atmire. As a highly skilled team, we implement portals that make the world's knowledge available to everyone. Our solutions are based on the free open source software DSpace, a community-led platform for which we are one of the major open source contributors.
Take the COVID-19 crisis as an example. Thanks to the DSpace software and Atmire services, the World Health Organization makes COVID-19 resources available to the world in their DSpace installation, "IRIS". Millions of resources are downloaded from this site alone, every month. And this is just one of Atmire's clients.
So… do you want to make a difference?
We are currently looking for a fulltime Technical Lead for our Belgian office in Heverlee (Leuven).
Skills & Requirements
- You have a master’s degree in IT, Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering and/or at least 2 years of professional experience in IT.
- You are an experienced Java or Angular programmer.
- You are familiar with Linux, SQL, HTML, CSS
- You are able to own responsibility and delegate tasks to others.
- You will be expected to work on different projects at the same time. This takes strong time management skills and a good ability to prioritize work.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
You will join a team of young, enthusiastic software developers, technical leads and project managers. The fist few months you will work as a Senior Developer. Once you fully understand the role of an Atmire developer, you will be expected to assume your Technical Lead responsibilities.
As a Technical Lead you will be trusted with your own projects, working in tandem with project managers. You manage both the technical implementation and the team of developers working on it.
Together with the project manager, you will identify and implement solutions that matches the clients needs and budget.
You will be entrusted with responsibilities to coach others. You are not responsible for managing client relationships directly, as this is the responsibility of the project managers.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to contribute to our mission
- An attractive salary package
- Company car with fuel card
- Pension plan - Groepsverzekering
- Hospitalization insurance
- An open, fast-growing & international environment
- An extensive training program during your onboarding and continuous coaching
- Flexible working hours
- Work from our corona proof office in Heverlee (Leuven) or from home when required
- Free drinks, fruit and snacks
- No onsite client travel is required for this position
To apply for this position, send the following to email@example.com in English:
- Resume / CV
- Letter of motivation
- An example of the highest quality code you have written