Open Source Developer US
Why Join the Atmire Team?
Help us accelerate scientific progress. This is the mission of Atmire. As a highly skilled team, we implement portals that make the world's knowledge available to everyone. Our solutions are based on the free open source software DSpace, a community-led platform for which we are one of the major open source contributors.
Take the COVID-19 crisis as an example. Thanks to the DSpace software and Atmire services, the World Health Organization makes COVID-19 resources available to the world in their DSpace installation, named "IRIS". Millions of resources are downloaded from this site alone, every month. And this is just one of Atmire's clients.
So… are you ready to make a difference?
What do we expect from you as an Open Source Developer?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT, Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering and/or have professional experience with Web Development
- Passionate about Open Source
- Experience programming in Java and Angular is ideal.
- Familiarity with Linux, PostgreSQL, HTML5, SCSS, TypeScript, Bootstrap, REST, Git, Maven, Ant, Continuous Integration is an asset
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Team player, can-do mentality, flexible, willing to learn
- Eye for detail
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Great communication skills
Your role as an Open Source Developer
As Open Source Developer you’ll be part of a dynamic, young developer group. Depending on your interest and performance, tailored growth opportunities within Atmire are available, where you can choose between additional technical and project management related responsibilities. Here are some of your interesting responsibilities:
- Designing clean, efficient code based on specifications set by the Tech Leads
- Writing and testing custom software solutions
- Debugging and upgrading on existing open source components
- Create documentation for reference and reporting
- Help tackle challenges like compatibility and scalability.
As Open Source Developer you will also have the opportunity to contribute some parts of what you create to the codebase of open source projects.
What can we offer you as a future Open Source Developer?
We are offering you a full-time job in an open, fast growing and international environment as an Open Source Developer, with numerous creative challenges and an interesting salary and benefits package.
From day one you will be guided professionally in a company where we believe and invest in the personal growth of all employees. You will get an extensive training program during your onboarding and receive continuous coaching.
The hours will be flexible, with several home-office days a week.
You will belong to a stable organisation that helps accelerate global scientific progress.
To apply for this position, send the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Relevant code samples of your recent work (github link, etc)