Open Source Developer Leuven
Why Join the Atmire Team?
Help us accelerate scientific progress. This is the mission of Atmire. As a highly skilled team, we implement portals that make the world's knowledge available to everyone. Our solutions are based on the free open source software DSpace, a community-led platform for which we are one of the major open source contributors.
Take the COVID-19 crisis as an example. Thanks to the DSpace software and Atmire services, the World Health Organization makes COVID-19 resources available to the world in their DSpace installation, named "IRIS". Millions of resources are downloaded from this site alone, every month. And this is just one of Atmire's clients.
So… do you want to make a difference?
We are currently looking for a fulltime Open Source Developer for our Belgian office in Heverlee (Leuven).
Skills & Requirements
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT, Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering and/or have professional experience with Web Development.
- You have experience programming in Java and Angular
- You are familiar with Linux, SQL, HTML, CSS
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
You will be part of a dynamic, young developer group. You design, write, test and debug software.
You have the opportunity to contribute at least part of what you create, to the codebase of open source projects.
Depending on your interest and performance, different growth opportunities within Atmire are available, where you can choose between additional technical and project management related responsibilities.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to contribute to our mission
- An attractive salary package
- Company car with fuel card
- Pension plan - Groepsverzekering
- Hospitalization insurance
- An open, fast-growing & international environment
- An extensive training program during your onboarding and continuous coaching
- Flexible working hours
- Work from our corona proof office in Heverlee (Leuven) or from home when required
- Free drinks, fruit and snacks
- No onsite client travel is required for this position
To apply for this position, send the following to email@example.com:
- Resume / CV
- Letter of motivation
- An example of the highest quality code you have written