System Administrator US
Why Join the Atmire Team?
Help us accelerate scientific progress. This is the mission of Atmire. As a highly skilled team, we implement portals that make the world's knowledge available to everyone. Our solutions are based on the free open source software DSpace, a community-led platform for which we are one of the major open source contributors.
Take the COVID-19 crisis as an example. Thanks to the DSpace software and Atmire services, the World Health Organization makes COVID-19 resources available to the world in their DSpace installation, named "IRIS". Millions of resources are downloaded from this site alone, every month. And this is just one of Atmire's clients.
So… are you ready to make a difference?
We are currently looking for a full time System Administrator to join our US team. Ideal candidates will reside in New York State, however candidates within the Eastern Time Zone will also be considered. Candidates will have to be authorised to work in the United States and require no sponsorship in the future for employment visa status.
What do we expect from you as a System Administrator?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent through experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience relevant to the role
- Advanced knowledge and experience of UNIX /Linux
- Passionate about Open Source
- Advanced knowledge and experience with scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc) and automation (Terraform, Ansible, …)
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Knowledge of AWS EC2, EBS & S3, IAM, API, VPN, network protocols
- Fluent in professional English, both written and spoken
- Team player, can-do mentality, flexible
- Great communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Eye for detail
Your role as a System Administrator
As a System Administrator you’ll join the team of experienced system administrators. You’ll be responsible for managing & maintaining the operation and security of computer systems, networks, and servers for Atmire and its clients. Here are some of your exciting responsibilities:
- Manage the entire setup and maintenance of AWS instances for our clients
- Maintaining and improving the Terraform/Ansible based solution to create, update, and maintain the AWS instances, buckets, …
- Deploy web applications
- Responsible for the software dependencies our products rely on
- Analyse general server issues which are not related to Atmire software
- Manage our internal hard- and software infrastructure & purchase new when necessary
Listed below are key dependencies crucial for Atmire software, as well as commonly utilised operating systems:
- Node, Java, Tomcat, HTTPD, GIT, Maven, Ant, PostgreSQL, Solr, Oracle
- Red Hat, Amazon Linux, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Mac OS
As a System Administrator you’ll be working remotely as part of a flexible team in an engaging international environment and assist according to Atmire values, without the need to travel to our client’s location.
What can we offer you as a future System Administrator?
We are offering you a full-time job in an open, fast growing and international environment as a System Administrator, with numerous creative challenges, interesting salary and benefits package including a 401k, health- and dental plan.
From day one you will be guided professionally in a company where we believe and invest in the personal growth of all employees. You will get an extensive training program during your onboarding and receive continuous coaching.
The hours will be flexible and fully remote.
You’ll belong to a stable organisation that helps accelerate global scientific progress, is attentive to the well-being of its employees and where Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. Our continued dedication to social justice and equality of opportunity is embodied in our commitments and principles.
To apply for this position, send the following to email@example.com:
- Motivation letter in English