System Administrator US
A grasp of your tasks
With minimum 2 years of experience you join a team of young software enthusiasts. You manage the entire setup and maintenance of AWS instances for our clients. Next to this, you also deploy web applications and you will be responsible for the software dependencies our products rely on. You execute similar tasks on our clients’ in-house infrastructure and perform preliminary checks on those servers. You also analyse general server issues which are not related to Atmire software.
All of the above tasks will be performed from our office in Rochester. You will never travel to our clients’ location.
Besides all of this you will also be the responsible for our internal hard-and software infrastructure. You manage our servers and maintain our internal equipment. You assure a stable network and make adaptations where needed. When necessary, you purchase new hard and/or software.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of UNIX /Linux
- Experience with Linux/Unix scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Python as a required tool for automation
Required Education and Background
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States (Atmire, inc. does not currently sponsor H1B).
- Must be currently located in Rochester Area. (Position has no travel requirement)
Competitive Salary, Health Care, Retirement Benefits and Paid Time Off
To apply, sent your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atmire is an
international software solutions company
. We provide software
customization and support
services to enable
online open access to digital content
including scholarly publications, research datasets, online courses, and audio-visual multimedia.
Atmire’s portfolio is made up of more than 130 worldwide major research institutions inhigher education, international governmental and non-profit organizations. Atmire contributes to open source projects that help provide global free access to research content .
Atmire is seeking a dedicated System Administrator to expand our US office in Rochester, NY. Candidates must be currently located in Rochester Area . You will participate within a small, dynamic growing group in which your personal contributions and ambition are highly valued.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Windows and Solaris
- Advanced knowledge and experience with scripting and automation
- Experience with AWS EC2, EBS & S3, IAM, API, …
- Knowledge of virtualization tools (VMware)
- Knowledge of VPN / network protocols.
Relevant fields of interest
Dependencies which are important for Atmire software:
Grunt, Bower, Node, Java, Tomcat, HTTPD, GIT, Maven, Ant, PostgreSQL, Oracle
Operating Systems we often use:
Red Hat, Amazon Linux, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Windows server, Solaris
Local infrastructure for which you will provide support at Atmire:
Mac OS X
Test, Development, Standby, Production
Maintenance and improvement of scripts for the automation of updates, stability of production environments, the setup of new instances and the installation of dependencies.