Java Web Developer
Why Join the Atmire Team?
Help us accelerate scientific progress. Because that is what we, at Atmire, do: we are not only a fabulous and highly skilled team implementing specialized portals based on the free open source software DSpace, we aim at making the world’s knowledge available for everyone.
Think about it. Let’s take the example of health and cancer research. People still die every day because researchers haven't been able to connect all the right dots. If access to a publication can just speed up this process with a few days, we are already saving lives.
So… do you want to make a difference?
We are currently looking for a fulltime
Java Web Developer
for our Belgian office in Heverlee (Leuven).
Skills & Requirements
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a team player with a can-do mentality. You are flexible and willing to learn.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT, Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering and/or have professional experience with Java Web Development.
- It would be nice if you are already familiar with:
Front-end Technologies: Angular 2, Ember, TypeScript, ES6, Node, Webpack, Grunt, Handlebars, jQuery, SASS, Bootstrap
Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, Ant, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPD
Databases & Index Technologies: PostgreSQL, Apache SOLR
Java Frameworks & Libraries: Spring, Hibernate, Unit
Version Control: Git/Github, SVN
You will be part of a dynamic, young developer group. You design, write, test and debug Java code. You help tackle challenges like compatibility and scalability.
You will work with the newest front-end frameworks. Whenever desirable, you will add extra functionalities to existing open source components. Part of your work will be contributed to the open source community.
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to actually make a difference
- An open, fast-growing & international environment that offers you lots of opportunities to grow, personally and professionally
- An extensive training program during your onboarding and continuous coaching
- Flexible working hours
- You will work in our office in Heverlee (Leuven) with no onsite client travel requirements
- Free drinks, fruit and snacks
- An attractive salary package, including a company car and several other fringe benefit
If you are as excited to join us as we are to meet you, please send your resume and motivation - in English - to email@example.com . We are also interested in the coding you have done in the past and which you consider to be good code. Please provide us with some examples of self-written code, preferably not linked to your education and linked to web development.