IT Project Manager Team Lead
Why join the Atmire team?
Help us accelerate scientific progress. This is the mission of Atmire. As a highly skilled team, we implement portals that make the world's knowledge available to everyone. Our solutions are based on the free open source software DSpace, a community-led platform for which we are one of the major open source contributors.
Take the COVID-19 crisis as an example. Thanks to the DSpace software and Atmire services, the World Health Organization makes COVID-19 resources available to the world in their DSpace installation, named "IRIS". Millions of resources are downloaded from this site alone, every month. And this is just one of Atmire's clients.
So… are you ready to make a difference?
We are currently looking for a full time IT Project Manager Team Lead to join our BE team in Leuven.
What do we expect from you as an IT Project Manager Team Lead?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in (Computer) Sciences, Engineering, Management, Communication or equivalent through experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience relevant to the role
- Experience managing a team of at least 2 direct reports
- IT minded
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Fluent in English
- Team player, can-do mentality, flexible, willing to learn
- Ability to deliver client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Great listener with an empathic mind
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Great communication skills
- Experience with composing offers and procurement in an academic or government setting is a major advantage but not a requirement
Your role as an IT Project Manager Team Lead
As IT Project Manager Team Lead, you lead and guide a team of IT Project Managers. In addition to this, you are responsible for a few key accounts and their projects, to ensure you keep and retain the connection with operational execution of the projects. Here are some of your exciting responsibilities:
- Onboarding and continued coaching of your team members
- Streamline standard operating procedures for IT Project Managers
- Coordinating weekly scheduling of work
- Maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Analysing clients’ needs and composing compelling proposals
- Working collaboratively across PM and Tech teams to arrange for resources so quality projects are delivered in a timely manner
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives
What can we offer you as a future IT Project Manager Team Lead?
We are offering you a full-time job in an open, fast growing and international environment as an IT Project Manager Team Lead, with numerous creative challenges, flexible working hours and an interesting salary and benefits package.
From day one you will be guided professionally in a company where we believe and invest in the personal growth of all employees. You will get an extensive training program during your onboarding and receive continuous coaching.
Atmire believes team leaders should have experience executing at least parts of the roles of the people they are leading. This is why, prior to assuming your team lead responsibilities, you will be trained and are expected to fulfill the role of IT Project Manager for at least 6 months.
You’ll belong to a stable organisation that helps accelerate global scientific progress.
To apply for this position, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivation letter in English