IT Project Manager Leuven
Help us accelerate scientific progress. This is the mission of Atmire. As a highly skilled team, we implement portals that make the world's knowledge available to everyone. Our solutions are based on the free open source software DSpace, a community-led platform for which we are one of the major open source contributors.
Take the COVID-19 crisis as an example. Thanks to the DSpace software and Atmire services, the World Health Organization makes COVID-19 resources available to the world in their DSpace installation, "IRIS". Millions of resources are downloaded from this site alone, every month. And this is just one of Atmire's clients.
So… do you want to make a difference?
We are currently looking for a fulltime IT Project Manager for our Belgian office in Heverlee (Leuven).
As an IT project manager at Atmire, you will be trusted with your own client portfolio. Your responsibilities include analyzing clients needs and composing compelling proposals, scheduling and delivering top-quality results within budget.
Occasionally, you will have the opportunity to visit a client or a conference abroad. Expect that you can perform +90% of your work from our offices.
You wil join a team of 5 project managers. Your level of autonomy and responsibility within the different projects will depend on your personal learning curve and background.
What Do We Offer?
- The opportunity to contribute to our mission
- An attractive salary package
- Company car with fuel card
- Pension plan - Groepsverzekering
- Hospitalization insurance
- An open, fast-growing & international environment
- An extensive training program during your onboarding and continuous coaching
- Flexible working hours
- Work from our corona proof office in Heverlee (Leuven) or from home when required
- Free drinks, fruit and snacks
- Limited on-site client travel
Skills & Requirements
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in (Computer) Sciences or Economics.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience relevant to the role.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills in German OR Spanish
- You are IT-minded and willing to learn new (IT-)skills. We provide our clients with high-quality IT services and softwares. Our tech leads and developers are in charge of most of the hands-on technical parts, but as a project manager, we expect you to be able to understand what they do, and explain it to your clients.
- You can review requirements and discuss solutions without losing sight of the interests of the company and the customer.
- Time management and the ability to prioritize are among your strenghts.
- You are tolerant, open-minded and show interest in others - regardless of their ethnical, religious, educational, political or social origins.
- Experience with composing offers and procurement in an academic or government setting is a major advantage.
To apply for this position, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume / CV
- Letter of motivation