IT Project Manager
Help us accelerate scientific progress. Because that is what we do: we are not only a fabulous and highly skilled team implementing specialized portals based on the free open source software, we aim at making the world’s knowledge available for everyone.
Think about it. Let’s take the example of health and cancer research. People still die every day because researchers haven't been able to connect all the right dots. If access to a publication can just speed up this process with a few days, we are already saving lives.
So… do you want to make a difference?
We are currently looking for a fulltime IT Project Manager for our Belgian office in Heverlee (Leuven).
As an IT project manager at Atmire, you will be trusted with your own client portfolio. Your responsibilities include analyzing clients needs and composing compelling proposals, scheduling and delivering top-quality products within budget.
Our headquarters are based in Heverlee (Leuven), and that's where you will work. Together with our New York office, we serve clients all around the globe. From time to time, you might have the opportunity to visit a client or a conference abroad, but most of our work is taken care of from our offices.
You wil join a team of 5 project managers. Your level of autonomy and responsibility within the different projects will depend on your personal learning curve and background.
What Do We Offer?
- An opportunity to actually make a difference
- An open, fast-growing & international environment that offers you lots of opportunities to grow, personally and professionally
- An extensive training program during your onboarding
- Continuous and devoted coaching
- Flexible working hours
- Limited onsite client travel requirements
- Free drinks, fruit and snacks
- An attractive salary package, including a company car and several other fringe benefits
Skills & Requirements
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in (Computer) Sciences or Economics.
- You have 2-5 years of professional experience (ideally, in the IT sector and/or in a business analyst or project manager role).
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills in English (mastering French, Dutch or any other language is an asset).
- You are IT-minded and willing to learn new (IT-)skills. We provide our clients with high-quality IT services and softwares. Our tech leads and developers are in charge of most of the hands-on technical parts, but as a project manager, we expect you to be able to understand what they do, and explain it to your clients.
- You can review requirements and discuss solutions without losing sight of the interests of the company and the customer.
- You will be expected to work on many different tasks at the same time, seamlessly switching from sales to project management to testing to internal coordination. This takes strong time management skills and a good ability to prioritize work.
- Project work implies peaks of activities, so you should be resistant to stress and able to work under pressure periodically.
- You are tolerant, open-minded and show interest in others - regardless of their ethnical, religious, educational, political or social origins.
- You already have some experience with Mac OSX and project management tools. If not, no problem, we will bring you up-to-speed and you will soon experience yourself that proper equipment and tools make working even more enjoyable.
- When project pressure is lower, we appreciate coworkers who take initiatives to make everyone's work easier, better, faster, and to proactively propose help and assistance to the colleagues. Taking a step back to look at your own work and the team's procedures is very useful and makes everyone progress.
- It is nice if you already have a first experience in sales, especially IT sales.
If you are as excited to join us as we are to meet you, please send your resume and your motivation letter, in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org.