Why Join the Atmire Team?
Help us accelerate scientific progress. Because that is what we, at Atmire, do: we are not only a fabulous and highly skilled team implementing specialized portals based on the free open source software DSpace, we aim at making the world’s knowledge available for everyone.
Think about it. Let’s take the example of health and cancer research. People still die every day because researchers haven't been able to connect all the right dots. If access to a publication can just speed up this process with a few days, we are already saving lives.
So… do you want to make a difference?
We are currently looking for a Technical Lead for our Belgian office in Heverlee (Leuven).
Skills & Requirements
- You have a master’s degree in IT, Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering and/or 2-5 years of professional experience in IT.
- You have a feeling for leadership and you can assign tasks to a team of developers.
- You will be expected to work on different projects at the same time. This takes strong time management skills and a good ability to prioritize work.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
- It would be nice if you are already familiar with:
Front-end Technologies: Angular 2, Ember, TypeScript, ES6, Node, Webpack, Grunt, Handlebars, jQuery, SASS, Bootstrap
Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, Ant, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPD
Databases & Index Technologies: PostgreSQL, Apache SOLR
Java Frameworks & Libraries: Spring, Hibernate, Unit
Version Control: Git/Github, SVN
You will join a team of young, enthusiastic software developers, technical leads and project managers. The fist few months you will work as a Senior Developer. Once you entirely master and understand the role of an Atmire developer, you move on to the function of Technical Lead.
As a Technical Lead you will be trusted with your own projects. You manage both the technical implementation and the team of developers working on it.
You provide advanced technical support. You contribute to solutions for system integration, compatibility and scalability.
Together with the project manager, you will identify and implement solutions that matches the clients needs and budget.
You will get an internal training, both as a Developer and as a Technical Lead.
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to actually make a difference
- An open, fast-growing & international environment that offers you lots of opportunities to grow, personally and professionally
- An extensive training program during your onboarding
- Continuous and personal coaching
- Flexible working hours
- You will work in our office in Heverlee (Leuven) with no onsite client travel requirements
- Free drinks, fruit and snacks
- An attractive salary package, including a company car and several other fringe benefits
If you are as excited to join us as we are to meet you, please send your resume and your motivation letter, in English, to email@example.com.